Green and Creative: SSOHO (Social Smart Home)
This product enables your home with intelligence and social capability to cultivate green life style.
Inside your smart home, the light will auto detect the human presence and control the lighting and temperature condition in an energy efficient way. It also enables your home with in an human friendly way. Such as gradually increasing lighting to wake up, which suitable for human nature. You can also control your home in your app.
We also enables your home with social capability. The app uses AStar's image recognition technology for detecting logo and recognise the marketing campaign. Your smart home can participate the energy saving campaign from WWF, donate to charity or participate in business campaign.
Green Day Team:
- Zhou Zhiwei (Senior Software Engineer at MasterCard Labs): mobile development, demo
- Zhu Tao (Lead Developer at Perform Group): front end, web, presentation
- Dr. Li Jiaming (Phd, Senior Software Engineer at MasterCard Labs): Backend, web, demo
Baidu: baidu app engine, Mysql
AStart: MIMAS SDK
Best Use of Cloud: Smart Sell
The first runner-up in the partner cash prize provided by ETPL.
We aim to ease process of online selling of the used items, by providing a platform for people to easily post about their items for sell, therefore promote resource reusability.
This process is very simple -- just 2 steps:
- Use camera to scan the item so that use our engine can find the item name, and get proposed price from Server.
- Confirm this post, if user agree; otherwise, user would make edit and upload this photo. This information would be used to train future engines.
- User Registration: One Click login Using Baidu Authentication API
- Browse Products: User can browse products online, contact the seller if they're interested
- Sell Update Product Info: Seller can update the product information
Android Use Case: - User Login: One Click login Using Baidu Authentication API - Normal Use: User sees an item to sell, take photo Phone Classify this item locally(Using MIMAS), get the possible match, upload to server for result Phone Propose user for the item name, plus price User may edit if they want Click on `upload` button Phone Upload the edited info, together with the image, to the server
- Zhu Zhongdi: Did all the Android Development, including using MIMAS API + Baidu Authentication API for Android
- Song Yangyu: Web Development, including using Baidu App Engine, Baidu Personal Cloud Space, Baidu Authentication API for Android
- BAE: Baidu App Engine (PHP) -- WebServer Hosting
- PCS: Personal Cloud Service -- Item's Image Storage
- Baidu Account Authorisation - web + android client: user login, on all our platform
ETPL: MIMAS – Image Recognition Engine
- training on server-side
- querying on android client
Best Market Potential: Balance
Second runner-up for the partner’s prize
Balance is a fast and simple way for you to balance your diet. It helps you easily keep track of your diet using a simple, innovative healthy indicator. With cutting edge image recognition technology, meal tracking is a snap. Balance also makes it easy for you see how your friends are doing and encourage each other. Balance helps people eat healthier, without having to count the calories.
- Daniel Hum, Burpple Data Analysis
- Akira Hirakawa, Analytics Platform
- Theodore Felix Leo, Android Platform
- GuoChen Huo, MIMAS Specialist
- ETPL MIMAS
- Baidu PCS
Crowd Pleaser: My Friends’ Footprint
- A summary of users’ footprint will be generated according to geo-info from user’s camera album in iPhone and the result will be displayed on a map
- User can furnish the footprint map with photos and share it with their friends through social network.
- User can make and send postcards from the pictures taken in each city with a special stamp.
- Share and invite from SNS
- LI Shaohuan: Developer for Database and API
- Chen Zeyu: Developer
- Cui Wei:Developer
- Gao Rui: Product Designer
- Baidu Map API
- Baidu Social Login
- Baidu Gecoding API
Exploit 1st: Carousell Green
The top favourite of ETPL, coming in first in the partner’s prize
Snap, List, Sell. Create free listings to sell items in less than 30 seconds by using Baidu cloud storage and EPTL image recognition to streamline selling process. We calculate that by just focusing on Textbooks, we can save 9.1 kg of CO2 per textbook. That equates to 659 car off the road from student reselling/reusing textbook per university.
Carousell Green Team:
- Hoang Nguyen
- Lucas Ngoo
- Zou Chenting
- Ryan Nguyen
- Marcus Tan
- Baidu cloud
- ETPL image recognition