What is Agile Methodology?
- It's an approach where a project is divided into multiple parts, and each part is developed individually.
- This process involves iterations in every part of the project and constant collaboration with stakeholders.
- The software development and testing process are conducted parallelly.
- It is possible to change the requirement because the different blocks are developed independently.
- It supports cross-functional collaborations among the team members.
Agile vs Scrum
|A methodology||A framework that implements agile principles|
|Leadership plays an important role||Focuses on self-organizing teamwork|
|Simple design and execution||Innovative designs and execution|
|More rigid and there is no room for frequent changes||Highly flexible and reacts quickly to the changes|
|Deliver and update the software on a regular basis||After completing the current sprint, the next sprint can be planned|
What are Agile frameworks?
- Test-Driven Development
When should you use Waterfall over Scrum?
Usually, Waterfall is used when the requirements are simple, fully defined, predictable, and understood, and will not change.
DevOps vs Agile
DevOps is a culture that allows the development and the operations team to work together.
This results in continuous development, testing, integration, deployment, and monitoring of the software throughout the lifecycle.
Agile is a software development methodology that focuses on iterative, incremental, small, and rapid releases of software, along with customer feedback.
|A culture that allows the development and the operations team to work together||A software development methodology that focuses on iterative, incremental, small, and rapid releases of software, along with customer feedback|
|It addresses gaps and conflicts between the Developers and IT Operations||It addresses gaps and conflicts between the customer and developers|
Core benefits of DevOps
- Continuous software delivery
- Early detection and faster correction of defects
- Improved communication and collaboration between the teams